Annarasumanara

1. What is your reaction to the text you just read?

I really enjoyed reading this text, the art style is very different from all the other mangas I have read. I love the mix of traditional anime manga and contemporary art. I love the message this manga wanted to give to it's readers telling them never grow up and remain a child forever. It  reminds me so much of Peter Pan where all these children go to this island where they can't grow up.  I also love how the characters are well developed and in each chapter you see each choice a character really affects their personality and their ways of living.

2. What connections did you make with the story? Discuss what 
elements of the story with which you were able to connect?

I felt like I connected with the main protagonist so much, she struggles with having enough money to pay for her and her little sister but also makes time to study so she can go college. She wishes for wealth so she doesn't have worry about feeding her and her sister so she can focus on studies and when she met the magician her personality slowly changed as she saw him as her role model for fixing all her problems. I also feel connected with the Magician it seems like he only does magic and believes in magic to escape the cruel reality that is outside the tent he and his pet bird live in. It seems like he is delusional and he wants to remain in the world of magic and not face what adults usually do such as work to afford a house and food. I guess that's why people often shun people that believe in magic because they are delusional and think magic would wipe away all their problems and they don't have to face the harsh reality of being an adult. I feel like the message is never grow and be a kid at heart, I like how positive this message is because no matter what age you are never be afraid to feel young like going to Disney World to enjoy childhood memories through rides and meeting your favorite characters, or watching cartoons because you enjoy the characters or story. 

3. What changes would you make to adapt this story into another medium? What medium would you choose; what changes would you make?

I think that in the end of the manga the Magician and the main protagonist should meet again more like an emotional reunion. I think this manga could be made into an anime because I feel like people love anime and also magic so seeing those two things combined into an anime would amazing for people to watch on Netflix or CrunchyRoll. Or it can also be made into a Korean Drama series since Korean culture is getting popular in Western Culture I can see it being successful globally.

4. In what ways does this story seem more adapted to an online environment?


Nowadays in this day and age people access everything through the internet. It can be books, games, shopping, or socializing everything is on the internet. This manga is very rare and you can only find it online also there are ads about mangas all over social that reels those people in wanting to read more about the online manga they saw on the ads.

Comments

Popular Posts