Junji (My favorite Manga Creator)

Junji was one of the first Manga Creators that really got me into manga, but also the horror genre and gore related mangas. He makes great story developments and adds very stomach turning twists that would disturb the reader. I also love his art style of how he combines beauty of a human and then makes it slightly creepy.  I've read so many chapters from to Junji collection series.

A fun summer vacation was the first I read from to series, I like the whole concept of visiting you family or specific place only to wait for whatever chilling awaits. In this one two siblings go see family at a town outside of Tokyo only to find one of the cousins playing with voodoo dolls to torture the siblings.

I have read Ice Cream Bus before and I was so happy to find it on the manga series. I remember this one is one of the most eerie of the mangas I read from him. When all those children get on the bus for a quick ride around I also wonder are they really going on a trip or is something horrible about to happen to them? And also is the ice cream really ice cream or was it made from children that rode the bus? This manga is one of those mangas where it makes you continue reading to find answers, answers that are very disturbing and unsettling for the reader. That scene where the dad finally gets his son ice cream and on the truck and the way that ice cream man gave a emotionless glare and the father I knew...I KNEW something bad was going to happen to that kid and all the others on that bus. Not gonna lie when I saw all those children licking that huge mountain of ice cream it wasn't what I was expecting, however, I still read on to see more. As I read on the story got weirder and creepier from the floor being sticky to kids licking each other like dogs, it was funny but very unsettling. The ending was very unexpected with all the kids melting into ice cream.

Last one I read was Hanging Balloons, and funny thing is I had a dream similar to this story. This manga really gave in some foreshadowing with the title page before we got to read it. It's creepy and intense and this is one of my favorites from Junji.

Comments

Popular Posts